Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hello, all! My name is Emily, and I am currently 19 years old. God is first in my life. That is where the "peace" in my title came from. John 14:27 is "my verse." It says: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

 I am also an Education student that might want to teach middle school. My favorite subjects are English and History. That's where "perspicacity" comes in. You see, I've always had a love for books, stories, and, well, just words in general. I'm a "word-nerd," if you will. The first time I ever heard "perspicacity," I loved it, and immediately went and looked it up. It means understanding.

Peace and Perspicacity is more than just a title of a blog, it's my goal in life. I want to be peaceful, and not full of turmoil. I want to be grounded in my beliefs, faith, and family. I want to understand what is going on around me. I want to better understand those around me, how they feel, and why they do things that make me frustrated, so that I can be helpful to them.

I'm also a working girl. I work at the local Palais Royal department store in the evenings, and on weekdays, I am a substitute teacher, which I LOVE. I'm sure there will be more on that subject later.

I also have Type I diabetes. I was diagnosed with it on 2/7/07, 5 years ago, when I was 14. I use a Minimed Revel 523 insulin pump (in pink!), and am trying to get a Dexcom CGM.

Now, 10 random facts:
I LOVE books. My top 3 authors are Deeanne Gist, Julie Klassen, and Tracie Peterson. I have so many favorite authors, it's ridiculous, that is why I narrowed it down to 3.
I also love Walt Disney World, and I am always wanting to go there.
My favorite colors are pink and purple.
I have 2 dogs: a rat terrier named Trixie, and a chihuahua named Holly.
I have my Associate's degree in Teaching.
BlueBell ice cream has gotten me through many a sad moment.
I love getting mail. I don't know why, I just do.
I have one brother, one sister-in-law, and one impossibly adorable nephew.
I love Nancy Drew computer games; I own all of them, and roughly 50 ND books.

Most of my posts will not shouldn't be this long. Every once in a while I get a bad case of rambling. Like now.
Signing off,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment