Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Four.

It's been awhile since I had time to post a Friday Four!! Thank goodness for Spring Break! This one has been quite eventful:

  • I played volleyball for the first time in several years. I'm still not very good, but at least I'm not as scared of the ball anymore. I actually hit it when I wasn't serving!
  • I went to the endo on Tuesday, and not only did my a1c go down, but right under 7! Yay!
  • My mom and I booked a trip for Disney! And started walking in the afternoons.
  • I started playing tennis!! I'm not very athletic (see first bullet point), but I've been wanting to get more active out-of-doors. After volleyball one night (our youth always plays inside at the church gym), a friend and I were talking, and decided that tennis sounded fun. We practiced on Tuesday, and though neither of us were all that great (and she's WAY better than I am), we got together with a few others and played yesterday. I got SO burnt--I didn't even dream of needing sunscreen in March, in the morning! We played again today (I remembered my sunscreen!), and even though I still have a lot of room to grow, according to Cam, I was "considerably worse yesterday". Coming from him, that's a huge compliment, and I'll take it as marked improvement. Progress is everything.
Only 3 weeks left in my internship!! I'm having a ball, so these last few weeks are bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment