Friday, March 9, 2012

Perturbed.

I really love a good thesaurus. If that makes me a geek or nerd, I'm fine with that. I would rather be happy with the things that I love and with people that love me despite these quirks of mine, than with people who liked me, superficially, for a person that I'm not. If that makes sense. The point is, I really love a good thesaurus.

The reason for this point? The fact that the title of this post is "Perturbed." and not "Anxious." Had it not been for my handy-dandy thesaurus, I would not have remembered this marvelous word. I learned it a long time ago, but it had been shoved onto a back shelf somewhere, and it was only after I saw it again that I remembered it.

The reason for the reason? A few weeks ago, the principal of one of the schools in my district approached me and asked if I was interested in the classroom aide position that had just become available. 

Before I go any further, I must interject and disclose that this principal has a reputation for not being the easiest boss to have. The teachers over there are not the happiest in the world. The other aide that is there is not happy, but she has never been happy, with any job, anywhere. My point being, I don't really know if she's as "bad" as they think she is. 

My old kindergarten teacher is there as well, and she's not very pleased with everything that goes on there, but she hasn't been as enthusiastic about being a teacher as she once was since she left the kindergarten level (she never shows this to her kids though; she is a true professional, and a phenomenal teacher). She is, however, pushing for me to get this job, because I am "one of [hers]." On the totally opposite hand, she is telling me that I need to get out of the education field ASAP, because of the way that it is going. 

I have said all of that to say this: the school secretary called me the other day and set up an interview!!!! Unfortunately, it is on the 19th, after Spring Break. I am simply perishing from all of the perturbation of mind!! I am so anxious to find out if I will get the job or not! I hate that it is not at the school that I know and love the most, with the kids and teachers that I love the most, but it is such a great opportunity!! It will help me down the road when I'm certified, and also be a great education in and of itself! I really hope that I get the position. She may not be a terrific principal, but perhaps this will open the door for a place at my "home" school. I certainly hope so. More than that, I am praying so. 

I know that I said in my first post that I would try not to ramble or post long posts, but I just can't help it. I love words, and writing, and commas, and I'm going to work on this. Really. I just have so much to say, and so much background to disclose right now. These will get shorter, eventually. I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment